Friday, August 10, 2012

1st reupholstering

So I actually accomplished my first reupholstering job a few weeks ago but I am just now getting around to blogging about it. I don't have any pictures of the process but I will try my best to explain it.
First I started out with a $2 chair from a thrift shop here in town, they had a whole slew of these ugly vinyl turquoise-y chairs so I picked the one with the best legs since I knew I would be recovering it anyways!
I'm not gonna lie, it took longer than I imagined, but it was totally worth it in the end!
I pulled out the furniture tacks and every annoying staple, removed all the pieces (cardboard, wooden seat, foam, etc.) then I primed and spray painted all the metal, and replaced the foam and fabric. Any questions? Just ask! :)
BEFORE & AFTER





No comments:

Post a Comment